One major bug fix and a bunch of minor changes in 0.5.3 to try and smooth the path for new players.
- Players will no longer get stuck in a game started from the “Load game” screen.
- The in game overlay that shows instructions now has a solid background. The “Hide Overlay” button now says “Continue” and is more prominent.
- Trying to play when it is the AIs turn shows an alert telling you.
- Default player names are now chosen based on whether the player is human or an AI.
- Starting a “quick game” (currently only possible from the Rumble announcement) does not randomise player order, so the human player always goes first.
The biggest feature added in 0.5.2 is a new visual style for Gomoku pieces.
I have a new game mode in development and I realized it didn’t look right using the current style for pieces. As I started work I decided Gomoku might be improved with its own style too. The result is intended to look more like traditional Gomoku stones.
- Game results screen, complete with trophies.
- Application settings screen, mainly for disabling some data collection.
- Added the first multiplayer focused game mode, Rumble.
- Made some tablet-specific layout improvements.
- Tweaked saving to allow creating new saves instead of always overwriting.
- Add cloud based AI.
- Fixed many minor issues with the AI.
- Added a rematch button.
- Improved the game selection screen.
- Added Wikipedia and Creative Command attribution.
- Added the in-game move history browser.
- Tic-tac-toe and Gomoku.
- Any number of human and/or AI players.
- Customizable board size and win line size.
- Overlines, misère and pie rule options.