There are some cool game changes in development, but they aren’t in this version. This version does contain significant changes to ads however.
- Added Google User Messaging Platform consent flow for ads.
- Removed non-rewarded interstitial ads.
- Fixed campaign not saving after loading a complete game.
- Added new options to modify game to allow a variable number of human players.
- Prevent AI from playing when popups displaying.
- Fixed games not showing results with no humans.
- Fixed AI not understanding misère.
- Updated UI icons.
- Added settings sharing.
- Changing to a non-bounded topology now automatically enables “allow cell reuse”.
- Added some network information to local network screen.
The Android version is now distributed using an App Bundle on Google Play.
- Added new board size/topology selection popup.
- Fix saving game copies.
- Updated AI to take in account relative scores.
- Changed fairness calculation.
- Improved popup rendering.
- Added auto light/dark mode detection.
- Made it so you can edit a player by tapping on the icon, not just the edit button.
- Improved Gomoku and Drop Four rendering.
- Reduce default zoom level for topology games.
- Fixed the “rate app” link on iOS < 10.3.
- Updated many libraries used by the app.
This version is not supported on Android 4.4 or earlier
- Added support for manually selectable light, dark and black themes. Automatically changing theme based on device setting will come later. The black theme uses true black for backgrounds, the dark theme uses a dark grey.
- Cleaned up styling and color of the app throughout.
- Removed support for landscape orientation on phones.
This will be the last version available on Android 4.4 (KitKat) or earlier. Future versions will require Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
- Fixed a crash issue that could occur on multiplayer setup game, depending on the state of the host.
- Fixed a crash on iOS 13 when closing popups.
Preliminary release of topology options. Currently only available from custom game > advanced options. Also
- Made hosting a multiplayer game more robust.
- Game simulation is now triggered when a multiplayer game settings change remotely.
The big feature is lots of new unlockable icons, along with some improvements around icons. Specifically:
- Fireworks icons.
- Hallowe’en icons.
- Valentine’s Day icons.
- Earth Day icons.
- Zodiac sign icons.
- Show icon locked status in more places.
- Icon selection screen layout improved.
- Unlockable icons screen layout improved.
- Icon license screen layout improved.
- SVG icons centered and scaled better.
- Improved Gomoku AI.