- Added single player campaign mode.
- Renamed the previous game option to “Custom game”.
- Reworked the home screen “news” element to be more flexible - added campaign to it.
- Game selection now use the in-game renderer instead of static images.
- About and Settings have been moved to the toolbar on the home screen.
- In-game overlay now uses a help a icon.
Just some minor startup improvements.
- Improved actual startup time by making some things run in parallel that were previously serial.
- Improved apparent startup time by transitioning from the splash screen to a loading screen sooner.
The game renderer has been massively overhauled, directly leading to the following:
- New animations for playing pieces for Drop Four and Gomoku.
- New winline drawing animation.
- Scrubbing backwards through history now animated.
- New piece option: filled triangle.
- Saved games no longer use pre-generated images.
The Easy AI and Hard AI now work with Drop Four. Apparently they were previously getting confused.
- The game is now simulated on the game setup screen, to give an indicator of each player’s chance of winning.
- A new option in settings to control whether game simulation happens in the cloud or not.
- A new option in settings to control whether any cloud features are used.
- Settings layout cleaned up.
- Added AI difficulty options.
- Improved how players’ default names are handled.
- Made lists of buttons wrap more nicely.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the AI from realising it was playing Chain.
- A new game variation option I decided to call “chain”. Get an extra turn after completing a line.
- See what the AI is thinking (when not running in the cloud). This has existed in some form for debugging, but I cleaned it up enough for the public.
An apparently minor release with lots of changes under the hood, including:
- Fixed a bunch of layout issues on smaller devices.
- Fixed the very odd text of the analytics collection warning.
- Simplified the implementation of some of the layouts to improve performance
Analytics are now disabled by default and a message briefly explaining why the app would like to collect analytics is now displayed at startup.